WHEN: TUESDAY AUGUST 16 5pm – 6:30pm.
WHERE: The Commons Cafe.
WHAT: A micro-granting, crowd-funding event celebrating and supporting creative projects in Viroqua.
COST: Suggested donation of $5, attendees receive soup, bread, and a vote.
Have an idea that would help the community you’ve been thinking about? The Chamber is looking for more submissions for the next projects for the August 16 Viroqua SOUP! Submit your idea for a project, event, or anything that will benefit the larger community that could use a little funding. Got an idea, or heard a friend talking about something that could be a good fit? Spread the word, and submit online.
All guidelines and submission form available here: https://viroqua-wisconsin.com/chamber-mainstreet/viroqua-soup?fbclid=IwAR3qiCB8Eat1K8JIQf5Z_Zy5JkLJACiAoU49ae8AWy9K8P7dGPXvd43Zwa8
Attendees listen to four project pitches that can include anything from an art installation, to a community event, to a social cause. Each presenter has four minutes to share their idea and answer four questions from the audience. At the event, attendees eat, talk, share resources, enjoy music, and vote on the project they think will benefit the city the most. At the end of the night, the ballots are counted and the winner goes home with all of the money raised to carry out their project. The winner comes back to a future SOUP event to report his or her project’s progress.
The last two Viroqua Soup events raised $310 and $445 respectively. Previously funded projects have ranged from helping a community fix-it group, bringing more local food to kids, and supporting a local waffle wagon for conversation over coffee.
VIROQUA SOUP’S MISSION
The Viroqua SOUP’s mission is to promote community-based development through crowdfunding, creativity, collaboration, democracy, trust, and fun.
VIROQUA SOUP’S GOALS
- Empower residents to be creative and have a voice
- Allow people to establish new relationships and networks
- Promote action and change
- Foster critical dialogue
- Instill community pride
- Provide a deeper understanding of democracy
READY TO APPLY? HERE’S WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
- Your proposal does not need to be a novel. Keep it brief and to the point.
- Your idea can be about ANYTHING!
- The project must be implemented in Viroqua.
- You do not have to be a resident to submit an idea.
- You can submit your idea more than once.If your idea does not get selected this time around, submit again! Only four submissions are chosen to share at the SOUP.
- Anything you submit (except your phone number) will be used to print at the event, so please make sure you edit, look for spelling errors, etc.
- We DO NOT use technology to present (aka PowerPoint or things that are based on the idea of the projector)
- SOUP is not a formal event. People sit on the ground, and anything can happen, magic is everywhere.